Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Life rolls nothing but critical hits, I roll fumbles! Feed-icon16x16 Subscribe in a reader

Latest topics
» Mana Thistle
Life rolls nothing but critical hits, I roll fumbles! EmptyMon Nov 18, 2013 5:53 pm by Boose

» Shield Sheath
Life rolls nothing but critical hits, I roll fumbles! EmptyMon Oct 28, 2013 10:47 am by Boose

» Dance of the River
Life rolls nothing but critical hits, I roll fumbles! EmptyTue Apr 23, 2013 3:14 pm by Boose

» Mouseguarding
Life rolls nothing but critical hits, I roll fumbles! EmptyMon Apr 01, 2013 11:58 am by Boose

» Magical Healing
Life rolls nothing but critical hits, I roll fumbles! EmptyMon Apr 01, 2013 11:18 am by Boose

» Material: Elven Truesteel
Life rolls nothing but critical hits, I roll fumbles! EmptySun Dec 23, 2012 6:54 pm by Boose

» Vanguard Shield
Life rolls nothing but critical hits, I roll fumbles! EmptyTue Dec 18, 2012 2:07 am by Boose

» Goblin Spear
Life rolls nothing but critical hits, I roll fumbles! EmptyFri Oct 19, 2012 11:37 am by Boose

» Story of the Hidden Temple
Life rolls nothing but critical hits, I roll fumbles! EmptyThu Oct 04, 2012 12:34 am by Boose

Main Logo
Main Logo
Main Logo
Main Logo

Life rolls nothing but critical hits, I roll fumbles!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Pepper
Adept
Adept
Pepper

Experience : 54

Life rolls nothing but critical hits, I roll fumbles! Empty
PostLife rolls nothing but critical hits, I roll fumbles!

Often times I hate being an adult. It is not nearly as fun as movies made it out to be as a child. First of all I am a busy person by nature. Some background, I work a full time job as a professional googler (of toys, collectibles and books), I am trying to get my photography business up and running with regular clients and lastly I am planning a very DIY intensive wedding. Life is hectic, I try to write blogs, make wedding crafts and eat but eventually no matter how hard I plan and grid out, life gets in the way.

As you might have noticed if you are a reoccurring visitor of The Dragon Fisters website just Boose has been writing and that’s because the rest of us have dropped the ball in a big way. Now that is not to say that Boose is less busy then us, in fact we are all equally busy. We all work full time jobs, are in relationships, some go to school and some are planning weddings or are married. Again I say, being an adult sucks.

This leads me to my topic of the week (month? Goddess I hope not) how does one carve out time for gaming in the mess that is life? We try to keep to a schedule of every other Friday. Try being the operative word of the last sentence. I would like to say all of us have 9-5 Monday to Friday office jobs, we don’t! We usually try to be flexible and try to make up the time but it doesn’t always work out, but when does this planning take the fun out of gaming and how do you keep it fun?

Personally from my past and current gaming experiences it’s all about playing with people you like being around. A good gaming session is one where you sit down at 8 and don’t realize its 1 until you get up for a drink and notice the clock. It’s not just about the story unfolding on the board but around the table too. I was friends with everyone I have played with but now we are more like family. You sit down and play these characters and get to forget about everything for a little while and that is very nice, but life has this wonderful way of messing fun up by sneaking up on you and dealing damage. We have been known to go months without a session and that plainly sucks. It makes you rusty; it takes time to slip back into a character.
Back to top Go down
http://klphotographics.com
Share this post on: reddit

Life rolls nothing but critical hits, I roll fumbles! :: Comments

No Comment.

Life rolls nothing but critical hits, I roll fumbles!

Page 1 of 1